Friday, May 25, 2007

Comparing the Summaries of Bok

All four of our summaries on Bok included how free speech is important, but yet hard to tell when there should be a line drawn. We all agreed on the fact that the Confederate flag is very offensive and it opened much discussion on the First Amendment. We all may have worded our summaries differently, but all discussed the fact how the Harvard officials handled the situation in a well manner.

Us writers wrote each of our summaries a little differently. One person included more information about how the situation was handled than I did. I wrote more on what the free speech covers in our country. Some other person discussed the fact of the battle of free speech on college campuses. I included those items, but wanted a more developed summary with details of each part of the essay; I tried to give a brief look at what Bok said in each paragraph.

Everyone has different ideas with this situation Bok wrote about. I could tell who found what most important in the Bok essay. I looked at the fact how free speech is not the same on private campuses as it is on public ones. Yet, all of us that wrote on Bok, I noticed it was almost like an editorial, which is okay because everyone has their own opinion. We are all entitled to our own opinions, that makes us individuals.

No comments: